make my day :)

Thursday, June 16, 2011

on expensive stuffs

I think handbag designers are a bunch of higly innovative people. Innovative is the word, not creative. I mean.. they don't actually CREATE the handbags... the very first handbag ever created might be a sack or something and people just took it from there and add pockets, handles, slings, accessories, patterns etc.

Handbags are also seen as a status quo nowadays.... Fine, let's buy a zillion dollar handbag today and strut around town feeling good about it. 3 months later, it's out of season and you can find it sold for a fraction of the original price at a factory outlet somewhere. Which made me think, how much is actually the REAL cost of the bags at the first place?

I don't mind paying a lot for a bag that's practical... but sometimes when I want to go for fashion or patterns and then felt happy coz I can get it at a cheaper price, the feeling is dampened a little bit when the guy at the boutique tells you that it was the last season's edition.. hmmmm...

Maybe when I do buy a designer handbag, I'll just buy their classic (albeit boring) and not the seasonal one.
At the meantime, I'll strut around town with a gunny sack. ;)

1 comment:

Lady Antz said...

gunny sack konon.. fossil mahal gak, ok.. aahahahaha..

Related Posts with Thumbnails