make my day :)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

That's why hudud and qisas should be implemented

Mum: I want the murderer to go through what my daughter did
By DESIREE TRESA GASPER

JOHOR BARU: The mother of Nurul Nadirah Abdullah, the five-year-old girl whose charred remains were found on Thursday, wants the person who killed her daughter to be punished accordingly.

Roselyn Alan, 25, said she did not understand why anyone would want to do this to her daughter.

“She was just a child. I find it hard to forgive the murderer. I want the perpetrator to go through what my daughter went through,” she told reporters at her home at the Seri Delima Flats in Bandar Seri Alam.

The grief-stricken mother said she did not understand how someone could do such a thing to her daughter, who was fondly known as Dirang.

“I really do not know what my daughter did to deserve such a thing,” she said, adding that she had not been able to eat or drink since police told her the bad news at 6.40pm on Monday.

Roselyn said the day Dirang went missing, the girl had actually hugged her and asked Roselyn if she loved her.

“She then went out to buy the packet of instant noodles and eggs and I never once thought that would be the last time that I would see her,” she said, adding that she had no enemies and her family was poor and that it did not make sense for someone to kidnap her daughter.

It was reported that Dirang went missing on March 1 after heading to a nearby sundry shop to buy instant noodles and eggs.

Police later confirmed on Monday that the charred body found on March 8 was that of Dirang.

Meanwhile, state Women, Family, Health and Community Development Committee chairman Dr Robia Kosai said the welfare department would continue providing counselling to the family as long as they needed.


- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails