make my day :)

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lip Service

It's been quite a while since I did beauty product reviews, so here's one on lipsticks.





From top:

1. Bare Minerals lip gloss in Sangria

I don't really use much lip gloss coz personally I don't like the shiny look, but on certain occasions I will dab some of this on top of my lipstick. It doesn't have the sticky feeling, and it smells like cupcake ;) .

P/S: I'm also a loyal user of the Bare Minerals make up range. I'm using both the powder and the Ready foundation, as well as the blusher. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and looks natural.


2. Burberry Lip Mist Rosy Red No. 205

I first fall in love with Burberry Lip Cover No. 09 ever since a friend introduced it to me. The color is like coral pink and it complements my skin tone and it is so lightweight I barely even noticed I have lipstick on.

Anyway, there was a time when every makeup-conscious people I know are into the classic red lips look, so I went searching for THE red lipstick for me. I'm not that bold and brave, so I chose a sheer lipstick rathen than matte, and of course it got to be Burberry. I really, really love it.
If you are convinced after reading my review, you can get Burberry lipstick and other makeup from their counter in Isetan KLCC. It's the only place I know which sells them. I also bought liquid makeup base and foundation here, and it's quite nice.



Burberry Lip Cover Blush No.09


Burberry Lip Sheer Rosy Red No.205

P/S: those pics were taken when I lost quite some weight. Now I've gained it all back. (And perhaps some more - depressed)

3. Antipodes Aroha Lipstick in Boom Rock Bronze

I'm using Antipodes line of skincare - it's organic; most of the products I used are based on avocado oil and it feels wonderful on my sensitive skin. You can get it from Skin Lab. I found out that they've added organic lipstick and since I almost ran out of my Blush No.09, I gave this a go. It is almost the same shade, albeit more matte and less shiny. Lightweight - love it, but since it's organic, it's not that long lasting so you will always have to re-apply.

4. Dinoplatz - Lost Identity Lip Tint in "Lost in You"

I bought this from the Too Cool for School shop in Jalan Telawi, on the same row as Dip n Dip. Lots of cool stuffs there including this lip tint. It's hot pink/magenta variant but the colour changes according to your blood temperature (kot). Long lasting and a tiny dab is all you need if you don't want it to look too bright.

Mr C thought it's lip gloss and put on too much of this. It took forever to rub off, even with lots of scrubbing. Hehe








Lip balm is important, if you care for your lips.




I never like lip balms because they always feel heavy and/or medicated. I got this free when I bought some stuffs from L'Occitane and gave it a try. Now it's a staple - won't put on lipstick until after I apply this.

There you go, ladies....

Now....who's up for a kiss? ;P



Related Posts with Thumbnails