make my day :)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jejak Kasut - Keluarga 69

The men in my family (on my paternal side) have a certain special way with women. They're not that good-looking, kacak bergaya or kaya. They simply have that X-factor that charm them. Which is why 4 out of 6 of them got married more than once.. hehehe

Anyway, Uncle X is the champion la...I think he got married 5 times. His 5th wife is a very nice hardworking lady and I like her so much. Tadi, his ex-wife (the 2nd one) datang beraya ke rumah, dibawa oleh anak lelakinya...who found out about my mum coz his kids went to the school where mum is the vice principal. I never met this aunt of mine, they were already divorced by the time I was born, but mum knows her. It's even weirder to have a cousin that I didn't know about, growing up. My cousin is already 32 and have 4 kids. Think of all the births and the wedding that I didn't attend and bagi hadiah. And, I've carried all my cousins' children in my arms when they were small, think of the memories and the bond that should have been there since years ago.

Lama jugak diorang bertandang tadi. Lots of stories were exchanged. Me and my curious mind can't resist to ask questions (which I did in the most sensitive manner possible). Sekali sekala, kelihatan Mak Ngah Ani merenung jauh...I'll never know what she had gone through in the past 32 years...but my dramatic side is imagining a lot of things. She remarried in 2007, dengan seorang duda yang kehilangan isteri and have 4 grown up kids. His husband happens to be a close friend of my dad's brothers. Masa muda-muda dulu selalu tidur kat rumah atuk kitorang.

If Mak Ngah Ani's family came an hour earlier, she would have met with Uncle X's 5th wife (of 25 years). Uncle X tak ikut coz he's not well now. The stroke got him. If they came an hour later, they would have met Mak Uda's family, the only female in my dad's siblings. I was telling Mak Uda about Mak Ngah and her new husband. Was telling her that he used to hang out at their place dolu-dolu and she probably knows the guy.

She asked me what's his name. I told her.

Mak Uda terdiam sekejap dan menyimpul senyuman misterinya.

"Hehehehe...boyfriend Mak Uda dolok marek ya.." (dengan harapan Pak Uda tak dengar)

Dengan tak kontrol suara aku berkata, "Oh, bagus juakla kitak sik bertemu, kelak kenangan silam terbayang di mata kelak."

My mouth got rubbed. Nasib baik takde cili.


P/S: Ordered kuah kacang from Mak Uda for kenduri on Saturday. TC might also be coming and drink the peanut sauce like syrup.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails