make my day :)

Monday, July 19, 2010

of getting old and cynical

There will be a new graduate hire in my discipline. My senior (who has to be in charge while boss is on leave) was looking for a "buddy" for the new guy. He asked me to be the guy's buddy...after 5 years in the company, and a few buddies later, I don't think this is for me....so I 'taichi'-ed the honor and told him to try and ask somebody else.

So he went around telling my boss (jokingly, I hope) that I gave him a HORRIFIED look when he asked me to be the new guy's buddy....my boss went to my desk to look at my HORRIFIED face. This happened on Thursday. Come Monday, and they're still talking about how HORRIFIED I am.....boleh gelak-gelak lagi tu....aishhh....


source: postsecret.com

Aiyyooo.....I'm not as enthusiastic as I was before la.....the same way I hate it when being around depressed/negative people drains my energy and positive aura out of me, so do I don't like to be around enthusiastic, hopeful graduates...I want them to experience the ups and downs the way I did....I don't want my cynism to make them lose the momentum they need to do their job excellently. And being around energetic young people for too long makes me feel tired. Yes, dears...I'm OLD.

1 comment:

awesome blossom said...

you make me feel old reading this.. hohoho

Related Posts with Thumbnails