make my day :)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pak Jamil & Me

Tadi, my project lead datang ke cubicle aku nak bagitau that the morning meeting is canceled. Ini adalah drama sebabak kitorang yang selanjutnya…


Me: So, what’s the update on the meeting that we’re supposed to have in KL?


Pak Jamil: It’s postponed to next Tuesday.


Me: Oh…who’s going?


Pak Jamil: Since you were not that keen on going to KL, it will be me, X and Y. (sebenarnya pakcik ni memang nak aku pegi, tapi aku jual mahal sebab masa tu aku tengah penat asyik naik plane saja….siap menggoda dan menghasut dengan ajakan shopping lagi, pun aku masih tak berminat)


Me: Errr….that was if the meeting is this week. I’m OK if the meeting is next week. (sebenarnya, dalam hati aku pun tak sure aku nak pergi ke tak, tapi rasa macam dah lama tak naik airplane….10 bintang untuk mengada-ngada!)


Pak Jamil: Why the sudden change of heart? What agenda you have in mind? Shopping? (sambil tersengih-sengih sinis)


Me: (*light bulb moment* - boleh shopping tudung!! Wedding adik and raya dah dekat!) errrrk….NOOO…it’s not like that, it’s just that I’m not that busy next week, and I’ll be on leave on Thursday onwards anyway….


Pak Jamil: Hmmmm, let’s see how it will affect the travel budget….in the other hand, I don’t think having all of us 3 e****s is such a good idea for this meeting…and I’m sure you know better if they start asking about yada, yada, yada….


Me: **fluttering my eyelashes** See….you need me to be in the meeting. If my innocent face worked with the immigration officers (this is another story), it will work with them too.


Pak Jamil: **I’m-not-totally-convinced-face** Let’s make a deal…if you finish the write-up on permeability multipliers before Tuesday, you’ll get to go.


Me: OK. *tetiba rasa macam budak sekolah bila pendekatan carrot-and-stick itu digunakan ke atas saya*


So, there you go. My motivation to work for this week - nak pegi KL beli tudung cantik to match the dress that I’m going to wear on my sister’s wedding! Hehehehehe…..sayang Pak Jamil!!






P/S: Sebab kat department aku banyak mat saleh…so kalau kitorang nak cakap pasal diorang dalam bahasa melayu, nama diorang pun dimelayukan sekali, so kat ofis tu ada Pak Jamil, Che’ Mat, Ridhwan, Karim, Kamaruddin and last but not least, Pakcik Panjang! ...okla tu kan, bukannya nama yang tak elok pun, Jamil tu makna dia cantik apa dalam bahasa arab…

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails