Hari raya ke-8, after almost 2 weeks of enjoying myself at home and beraya, time to go home to Miri and pretend those 2 weeks were a dream. Days of taking a nap whenever I feel like it are going to be traded off with napping accidentally in front of my workstation. I have to swap mom’s cooking with canteen / cafĂ© food that sucks but have to eat it anyway coz nobody cares enough at home to prepare breakfast (I’m staying by myself, so yes, I don’t care enough about myself either).
There goes the days where I can spend as much time as I like to put on makeup (it was Hari Raya) and back to looking borderline ugly (not that I care, anyway…).And there goes the days of wearing pretty dresses and back to wearing drab work clothes. Karang kalau melaram lebih-lebih nanti orang tanya aku nak pegi mana…yelah, ini Miri bukan KL.
I think I might have started getting into my Miri ‘mode’ a bit early…there is this one particular blouse and a pair of pants that I really like to wear, especially when I go out running my errands on weekend, or just window shopping. The blouse is the flowy type, with an empire waist, which perfectly hide any bulging tummy, and it’s in my favorite dirty purple colour. Pants pulak jenis kain cotton yang stretchable tu….sounds super comfy kan, kan kan? Dua-dua pun I bought in Jusco Taman U masa pergi JB around X’mas last year…masa melepak dengan Puan S (masa tu Miss S lagi). First remarks that she made about the dress was, “never wear this blouse if you go dating or whatever….you can only wear it when you go out with close friends..” I still wear it though, sebab super comfy and tak payah gosok, but always very careful not to wear the blouse and the pants together….kalau pakai dengan jeans, it still looks stylish ok….
However, masa nak balik Miri tu, sebab malas giler nak balik, and we just came back from beraya, I main taram je pakai that combination haram tu….it’s raya and of course most of the baju are the kurungs la….my jeans pulak dah lipat siap-siap and at the bottom of the bag…so pakai jela….lawa jugak apa.
Until masa check-in tu…
I checked in my bag and gave the guy behind the counter my IC. Then he pointed at a piece of paper on the counter and asked me to confirm on that…it's something about the airline's regulations on liquids, sharp objects and pregnant ladies..
I just nodded my head coz I didn’t really get what he meant. It’s only after I walked away, board the airplane and safely on air did I realize…
He was asking me to confirm that I’m not pregnant.
DAMN. DAMN.
Patutla takde orang ngorat aku dalam plane. T_T
NOTE TO SELF:
1. Jangan pakai baju tu lagi. Ikut cakap Puan S.
2. Don’t get too comfy with comfy dresses/blouses/t-shirts/pants.
3. Round is NOT a shape. Lose it.
1 comment:
i feel u babe. aku baru je nak start comfy wearing one of those long sleeved maxi dress, skali bukan sorg, tapi DUA org, tegur aku dah brp bulan. cis..
Post a Comment