make my day :)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

a reason to lose weight

kekerapan mengupdate blog semenjak dua menjak ini adalah kerana finally I got some sense of stability back...first time duduk in one place for more than a week....no rushing to the airport and packing unpacking (even though masih banyak baju yg belum dibasuh and suitcases are still on the floor)...

if you guys/girls have seen my flying schedule that I posted that day, actually 2 days since then it has changed again with more additional flights....more trips to KL for work (last week's trip I didn't call anyone because all I do after work is zzzzz...so glad this week's trip is canceled).

anyway, added a personal trip to Mukah for a friend's wedding.....I used to make annual road trips to Mukah during Kaul Festival but lately the road conditions have worsened, that even if I bring my D-max there pun macam kesian je nanti....so I decided to fly since my other friend from KL is coming to Miri so that we can go together....

of coursela Boeing tak terbang kalau setakat Miri-Mukah kan....airportnya pun kecil...so have to take Twin Otter...


twin otter ni muatannya tak banyak....agak² sampai tak 20 orang ek....can't remember coz the last time I've been on one was when I was 8, masa tu nak balik kampung ke Limbang....naik with my mum and adik²ku yang masih kecil lagi masa itu...we flew Kuching-Miri and from Miri kena naik 'belon' kecik ni....twin otter ni kalau angin tiup sikit pun dia goyang....and kalau lalu bukit tinggi-tinggi tu macam boleh pegang je pokok-pokok kat bawah....that's why la kalau cuaca buruk, flight memang akan dibatalkan sama sekali...and kes-kes yang kapal terbang terhempas somewhere in rural Sarawak biasanya melibatkan twin otter la...na'uzubillah but these kind of things happen...

kalau nak naik twin otter masa check-in tu kena timbang berat badan tau....apart from your luggage. This reminds me of my offshore days dulu-dulu.....nak naik chopper (heli) mesti kena timbang berat badan dulu. It's not that bad at the helibase, even though mamat kat check-in tu look like he's trying to suppress a smile or a snicker lepas dia timbang aku....the worse one would be at the rig itself. We will have to weigh ourselves and luggages the night before we take the chopper home. Then , the RO will put it in a spreadsheet, print it out and put it in the noticeboard. So, the whole rig crew of 131 men will know exactly how much the princess weigh, which will result in people asking me to eat less setiap kali aku masuk galley....darn. It's not that bad if you go to a rig where you're not a regular though. The people are not mesra enough to talk to you freely like that, but then you can actually feel them talking about you..."hmmmm....inilah perempuan yang berat dia XXkg tu"...mind you, I've heard my own rig crew talking like that about friends of mine, regardless of how light or heavy they are... ~sigh..

so, nak naik twin otter bulan 12 ni....and I'll be weighed in public! a reason to lose weight? naaaahhh....I'll just check-in early or make sure nobody I know (or have a crush on) is nearby when I do it. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails