make my day :)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

kisah sungkei (breaking of fast)




5th day of puasa...let's recount what I had for sungkei this past few days...this is also some sort of food diary for ramadhan




1st Ramadhan --> went for a 13 hours shopping trip in Brunei with 3 of my girlfriends....can't believe they filled out the huge space at the back of my D-Max plus we had to put additional shopping bags in the car as well...the initial plan is to break our fast in Excapade Sushi in KB, arrive there around 6pm, order the food and by 6.36pm, we can already eat...however, my preggie friend got excited with the "SALES" banner at Mothercare and we spent almost an hour there...so, my buka puasa was mango juice in a can, which I had in the car 5 minutes before we reached Seria (about 12km from KB). I drove really fast on a hungry stomach, hehehe. So, we had sungkei in Kaizen Sushi instead. Syukur Alhamdulillah, there's an empty table for us, and the other diners start flocking in around 7pm, so we get our food quite fast. I like Kaizen better than Excapade though....dua-dua pun sedap, butKaizen's portion is more manageable...




2nd Ramadhan --> flat out from the trip, post sahur slept until 11am...then kena kemas rumah/sapu lantai/mop lantai....luckily my friend, Miss E invited me to her house for makan...went to pasar ramadan before that, so I makan lontong with the lauk (prawns, sotong) and salad that Miss E and Miss FF prepared.




3rd Ramadhan --> unplanned pot luck in my house; I prepared begedil daging, Miss FF brought stir fried broccoli, Mrs KN brought 'mi keju' and Mrs S brought sugarcane drink (my Ramadhan favorite) with some cucur. I was out of my breath eating (which rarely happen), and could only finished 90% of my portion. My friends ok je....maybe I drank too much (did I mention air tebu is my favorite for Ramadan?)




4th Ramadhan --> I read Mrs Z's blog and had this craving for 'terubok bakar'.....after MSNing my regular friends to come over my place for sungkei, I rushed to the pasar ramadan near the indoor stadium, it's a bit far off from my house (which also has a pasar ramadan nearby), but for my 'mengada-ngada ness', I pegi jugak kat sana. Bought jellyfish 'umai' (a Melanau delicacy) as well. Sampai rumah, it's past 5.30 and I still need to prepare midin belacan + telur dadar + nasi. Alas, when friends started to arrive at 6.20, I am still cooking. Miss E made delicious banana & orange smoothies, which made a good starter for the meal. And the fish was nice!




5th Ramadhan --> My friend said he's going to cook nasi briyani with meatballs today and he'll let me tapau.....let's see if this will materialise...otherwise, I'll have midin again. (did I tell you, I was so late coming back home yesterday, I only managed to prepare 70% of the midin that I bought?)






hehehehe

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good food diary is the Food And Exercise Diary (WeightLossSoftware.Net). Might be of interest. It also has a medical diary.

Related Posts with Thumbnails